WELCOME to the NEWEST Feature for GETA Indoor Tennis Members: Book a Court Online
Who can book a court?
If you are new to this website and perhaps new to indoor tennis in Elmira, this section of the website is NOT your first step. Please start with either Dates, Hours and Costs or Friday and Saturday night mixers.
You must be part of a group that has a seasonal court commitment, including both a paid indoor Tennis Membership Fee and a GETA Membership Fee. If you meet those requirements and your Captain has submitted your first and last name and email address, then you should have a user account. If you meet those requirements and don’t yet have a user account, please click on the ‘Create An Account’ button on the online booking site. (It may take days for GETA to get to your request.) You can also email John Renz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees for rare versus regular ‘guests’
If you have family or friends from out of the area visiting, there is no membership fee for them required for a rare booking.
If your intent is to regularly book a court with the same people, those regular people must be paid Indoor and GETA members.
When you book your court, please add the names of those playing.
When you can book:
You can book up to 7 days in advance. You can delete a court you have booked up to 2 days prior to your date.
NOTE! If you book a court and the schedule shows others playing at the same time, there will be no problems for you. However, if you look at the schedule and want to book a court within only a few hours and no other courts are being used, the College’s staff may NOT be able to respond. You may arrive to find the courts closed. The College checks the schedule a day in advance and two days in advance on weekends.
How to book: (The online site has a training video too.)
Link to online booking site GETA.tennisbookings.com
- After you log into your account with your user name and password, look at the schedule, choose your date (within 7 days), see what times are available and what courts are available.
- Click in the schedule for how much time you want in half-hour increments on the court you want.
- Click on the icon BOOK; you will go to a new screen, your name should appear first. The cost will appear in red. Then click the Book and Pay icon.
- Your new screen will give you the option of paying using your own PayPal account or your own credit card. Complete the payment information required.
- You will be given options to get confirmation emails; I encourage you to choose that option. The online site does NOT split the cost among all the players; the person booking the court will need to pursue collecting other players’ share of the cost.
- To cancel a booking, on the page that opens when you log onto your account, at the top you will see My Bookings. Click on it and choose the option to cancel a booking you have made.
What does it cost?
The cost is $50 for 90 minutes or $35 for 60 minutes. (You can book longer times by booking twice in a row.)