Dates, Hours & Costs
Through a partnership between Elmira College and GETA, indoor tennis is available at the Murray Athletic Center (MAC; AKA the Domes) on Route 14 in the town of Veteran. There are 4 hard courts with LED lights.
General information on dates and hours the season could start (but you choose when to start) and end:
- Your indoor tennis court season can start as early as the week of September 9th. You choose when to start.
- Monday Hours: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm; NEW: 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Season can end as late as May 25.
- Tuesday – Friday Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm; NEW: 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Season can end as late as May 26-May 29
- Saturday Hours: 8:00 am to 12:30pm; NEW: 4:30pm – 7:30pm; NEW: Season can end as late as May 30.
- Sunday Hours: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; NEW: Season can end as late as May 31.
Contact: John Renz, email@example.com
Below are dates when there is NO tennis at the MAC:
MORE DATES MAY BE ADDED:
- November 15-16 & 17 (Friday – Sunday; added 9/23/19)
- November 27, 28 (Thanksgiving), 29, 30 December 1; Wednesday – Sunday)
- December 5 beginning after 12:00pm -9 ending at 7:00pm (Thursday – Monday; added 10/31/19)
- December 5, Thursday will be closed beginning at noon (added 11/1/19)
- December 9, Monday will be open beginning at 7:00pm (added 11/1/19)
- December 23 – January 1 (Monday-Wednesday)
- March 8 (Sunday) added March 2
- May 25, Memorial Day
GETA Indoor Membership Cost of $40 + GETA Membership
Indoor Membership Fee: The GETA partnership with Elmira College requires GETA to provide all the labor to manage the use of the courts. To pay for the hundreds of hours required, the GETA board approved a seasonal Indoor Membership Fee of $40 per person; it allows the individual to play in as many sessions as desired. There is no family membership. In comparison, the membership fees at the Reis Center in Ithaca are $245 per individual and $345 per family.
As in past seasons, players must be GETA members (Under 18 is $10; single membership is $20; family membership is $30. The annual GETA membership fee is also required for playing in the GETA Summer Doubles League and the GETA Singles Ladder.)
Both the GETA Membership and Indoor Membership fees can be paid online (click on the link to the left) or by sending a check to GETA’s PO Box mailing address. (If you pay online for someone in your family, please include all the names).
Cancelled Sessions: To reduce the hours required in scheduling make-up dates, if a paid session is eliminated by the college, a group will have two options:
- Get a refund for that session of $50 paid at the end of the season to the Captain OR
- Make-up the lost minutes by the group adding 15 minute extensions on the group’s regular playing dates, if possible
If a group wants to make up for a canceled session, it can Book a Court online for the same cost as the refund! (See the menu item Book a Court under Indoor Tennis).
Communication: We will maximize the use of the GETA website to communicate to captains who in turn should also save time in communicating with their team members.
As done last year, each captain will get a worksheet from John Renz to calculate the seasonal costs both for each group and each member based upon the number of dates the group & member will play. Sessions are 90 minutes. If additional time is of interest, contact John Renz at his email address above.
- 7 – 13 sessions: $58/session
- 14 – 20 sessions: $52/session
- 21 – 26 sessions: $47/session
- 27 or more sessions: $45/session
NEW: The GETA website has a newly revised simpler “bulletin board” feature. This free bulletin board is a tool to help GETA members meet new players, find a sub or regular for an existing group, or start a new group.
Bad weather can become a frustrating problem when players are uncertain if there is tennis. The college will inform the GETA rep or his designee as soon as possible on any closings of the MAC or delays in its opening. GETA will then post these closings/delays on its home page (Announcements section). Please use your judgment in deciding whether or not to travel when the road conditions are potentially dangerous.
The college will provide 2 chairs in each bathroom for dressing. (The college says it cannot risk opening up the locker rooms to us where student-players leave personal belongings.)